SPAGHETTI CARBONARA ?
My first entry for this edition of the #VeegboiCookingChallenge! In case you missed it the other day, this time around the star ingredient is PASTA. This recipe is one of my favourites and I tend to make it every time @aldiuk have silken tofu for a special buy – it’s the perfect way to create a creamy sauce and add extra protein to the dish!
1 white onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 packet of silken tofu (350g)
1/2 tsp miso paste
60mL plant mylk
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper
150g vegan bacon
150g frozen peas
1. Finely dice the onion and peel and grate the garlic.
2. Fry the onions on a low heat for 5 minutes before adding the garlic and frying for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the onions, garlic, silken tofu, miso, mylk, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to a blender till smooth.
4. Start to cook spaghetti as stated on your packaging instructions.
5. Fry bacon in the same pan the onions were in till it becomes crispy.
6. When the spaghetti is almost cooked, add in the frozen peas to the same pan for approx 5 minutes.
7. Drain the spaghetti and peas and add to the pan with the bacon.
8. Mix through the sauce and gently heat for approx 2 minutes and serve!
This recipe makes enough for 3 people and my portions are usually quite big! Have you ever used silken tofu in a sauce? It works for making super creamy curries as well!
Make sure to save this recipe and tag me if you try it for yourself! ?