Some more curry please!
This is my Sri-Lankan version of the North-indians favourite curry of all times – Rajma (Kidney Beans)
I wanted a meal that was high protein, but also included some satiating factor, which for me is beans or lentils.. so here I came up with : —
** SRI-LANKAN RAJMA AND TOFU CURRY (KIDNEY BEANS) [VEGAN] **
Follow @healthoutpeaches for more such recipes and plant-based lifestyle.
Recipe : ( Serves 2-3 )
• 3 cups or 1 can boiled kidney beans
• 100 grams extra firm tofu (can omit)
• some oil of your choice
• 4 tomatoes pureed
• 2 onions finely chopped or pureed *
• 2 tsp roasted curry powder
• 1tsp garlic paste
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp green chilly paste (or just combine the fresh ingredients and blend into a puree)
• 1 tsp paprika or red chilli powder
• 1/2 TSP turmeric powder
• 2 cups coconut milk (or 1 can)
• salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, add the onion and the ginger+garlic+chilly. Sautee for 3-4 mins till it’s cookes
2. Add in the tomato puree, cook for another 3-4 mins, add in all the spices
3. Add the beans and tofu, keep stirring untill well mixed.
4. Now add the coconut milk while stirring continuously
5. Cook for 3-4 mins, and add the salt
6. Serve with brown rice/white rice/basmati/quinoa or even breads, and enjoy.
1. Finely chopped onions work the best
2. I’ve garnished using some coconut cream, green chillies and mint leaves, use whatever you like
Hope this was helpful, and trust me, it was so so good, I’m gonna make it again for myself soon, definitely WORTH A TRY!!
DO TAG @healthoutpeaches when you make it.