SMOKY SAUSAGE AND CANNELLINI BEAN CASSEROLE❣️
Cold and rainy days call for hearty satisfying meals like this!! ❤️ Perfect for both lunch and dinner, this sausage and cannellini bean casserole is packed with lean protein (26g per serving as made below) and full of smoky, herby, sweet and salty flavour🥰 I served with cauliflower rice (@fullgreen.official – AD PR SAMPLE) but other options could be crusty bread, baked or mashed sweet/white potato or normal rice!
I actually can’t express how yummy this was… if I ever opened a vegan bistro, this would 100% be on the autumn/winter menu 📖
definitely one to save for later⬇️!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
• glug olive oil
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 2 sticks celery, chopped
• 1 red pepper, chopped
• 8 vegan sausages, cooked according to instructions and chopped (I used @richmond_foods )
• 3 large cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp dried sage
• 2 Tbsp tomato purée
• 2 tins chopped tomatoes (I like @napolina )
• 1x @knorruk stock pot
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
• 1 tbsp @marmite (optional)
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme + 1Tbsp chopped (optional)
• 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• S+P to taste
1. Fry the onion in the oil in a large heavy bottomed casserole pan that’s suitable for stovetop over a medium heat until translucent
2. Add the celery and pepper and allow to cook for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. I let the peppers char a little as well.
3. Add in the sausages and fry for a couple minutes then add the garlic and cook for a minute before adding the paprika, thyme and sage and dry frying for a minute until they become aromatic
4. Add the tomato purée, followed by the chopped tomatoes, stock pot, marmite and balsamic. Stir to combine, then add the fresh thyme and leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened
5. Add the beans and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. S+P and chopped fresh thyme if desired.
6. Remove the thyme sprigs and serve ❤️