🥙🥬Silverbeet tortillas 🥬🌮
1. 200g, fresh Corrigan’s Silverbeet
2. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3. 1 tsp salt
4. 3 cups all-purpose or sub gluten-free flour*
5. 1 tsp baking powder
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Rinse the silverbeet and add it wet to skillet. Sauté for 4-6 minutes until wilted.
2. Add the silverbeet into a blender or food processor along with the oil and salt. Blend until smooth.
3. Place the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and add silverbeet puree and a some water (Around 1 cup). Mix to combine with your hands and knead until a soft dough forms, about 5 minutes. (If the dough seems to dry, add a little more water. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour).
4. Shape dough is into a ball, cover and let chill for 15-20 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal portions, depending of your desired Tortilla size.
6. Dust a work surface with a little flour, if needed. Form each part into a ball and, using a rolling pin or glass jar flatten to make a 8-/10-inch disc. It’s fine if they aren’t perfect shape.
7. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook the tortilla for 3-5 minutes or until brown spots appear. Then flip and cook from the other side.
8. We ate them with crispy potatoes, beans and chunky salsa.
Enjoy! Chef Ana 👩🏽🍳👩🏼🌾
❤️ Double click if you like this type of recipes🔝‼️
Music: My Go Away Dream
Musician: Not The King.👑