Shepherd’s Pie 🥧
Recipe by @aswancooks
– 1 White Onion, diced
– 1 Large Clove Garlic, diced
– 2 Carrots, diced
– 300g Mushrooms, sliced
– Mix of Peppers (I had 1 yellow and half of a red one), chopped
– 400g Can Lentils, drained and rinsed.
– 400g Can Baked Beans
– Red Wine (Optional)
– 300ml Veg Stock
– 1 tsp @marmite
– Fresh Thyme
– Salt and Pepper to Taste
– 3 Large Potatoes
– a fair amount of vegan butter (sorry have no idea how much I put in)
– a bit of plant based milk
– salt and pepper to taste
– grated nutmeg
– 1/3 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1. Peel, chop and steam/boil the potatoes.
2. Add the onion and garlic to a preheated pan on with oil in. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrot and mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Once the potatoes are done, set aside.
6. If adding Red Wine, add now and cook for 5-10 minutes to cook out the alcohol.
7. Add the veg stock, @marmite , thyme, salt and pepper, mix well and leave to reduce for 10 minutes.
8. Whilst you are waiting make the mash by mashing and adding vegan butter, plant based milk and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
9. Once the veg mix has reduced, add the baked beans and lentils, mix and heat for a coupes more minutes.
10. Spoon the veg mix into a Pyrex/casserole dish, making sure it is even. Add the mash potato on top. Cover the with Nutritional Yeast.
11. Cook in a preheated oven @ 200c for 20 minutes.
12. *Additional Step – Place under the grill until golden brown
13. Serve with veg of choosing.
#whatveganseat #vegansofinstagram #veganfood #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #veganfood #eatplants #eatyourveggies #healthyvegan #easyrecipes #feedfeed #herbivore #glutenfree #vegancommunity #plantbased #veganlove #veganrecipes #veganrecipe #vegano #vegana #teamvegan #govegan #vegandinner #veganglutenfree #glutenfreevegan #highcarb #dairyfree #wholefoods #veganlunch #veganfoodspot