SESAME CRUSTED POTSTICKERS.
Recipe will make 50-60 potstickers
YOU WILL NEED:
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, finely diced
2 large carrots, finely shredded
1 large zucchini, finely shredded
1/2 yellow onion
5 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup ginger, finely minced
1 bunch green onions, finely minced
3/4 cups napa cabbage, finely chopped/shredded
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp white pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
2 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
Vegan dumpling wrappers, i used Double Happiness Foods LTD.
1/2 cup black vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp chill oil + flakes
1 tbsp sriracha
Chopped green onions + sesame seeds for garnish
1. Use a food processor to finely mince/dice all of the vegetables except for the Napa cabbage
2. Add the minced/diced ingredients into a large mixing bowl and add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set bowl aside.
3. In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil at medium high heat and add vegetable mixture to pan. Cook for 7-10 minutes until moisture has evaporated and the mixture is caramelized.
4. Add in the napa cabbage and cornstarch and stir until combined.
5. Remove vegetable mixture from pan and put back into the original bowl. Let cool completely.
6. Once the vegetable filling mixture has cooled, it’s time to fill the dumpling wrappers! Use a small amount of water to seal the edges and to keep the filling inside. If you don’t know how to fold/seal the potstickers, watch a quick youtube video!
7. Once filled, place the potstickers on a large plate or baking tray and cover with plastic wrap so they don’t dry out
8. Once you have filled your potstickers, mix the white and black sesame seeds together and place on a flat plate.
9. Brush a small amount of water on the bottom of the potstickers and immediately press it into the sesame mixture
Recipe continues in the comments 👇