SCONES & WHIPPED CREAM – Vegan Style!! 🍓🥛🌱 Clinging on to summer right here! ☀️ I used @elmlea_ukie Plant Double Cream and whipped it on to top the scones with strawberry jam. It worked so well!! The delicious recipe is from @lovingitvegan , 👇scroll down for details or visit their page here https://lovingitvegan.com/must-try-vegan-scones-jam-whipped-cream/ ⬇️
* 3 cups (375g) Self Raising Flour
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1 tsp Baking Powder
* 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter (I used Flora Buttery)
* 4 Tbsp (56g) Caster Sugar
* 3/4 cup (180ml) Plant Milk (I used Oatly Barista)
* 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
* 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Preheat the oven to 430°F / 220°C / Gas Mark 7.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add salt and baking powder.
3. Add the vegan butter and rub in with your fingers until the mix is crumbly.
4. Add the caster sugar.
5. Then add the plant milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix in with a spoon.
6. Flour your work surface and your hands, and add extra flour as needed as you move the mix out of the mixing bowl and roll it with your hands into a big ball.
7. If the dough is sticky at any point, add more flour.
8. Flatten it out, cut out the scones and place them on a parchment lined baking tray.
9. Roll the remaining dough and cut out more scones.
10. Brush the tops of the scones with plant milk.
11. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden on top.
12. Serve with jam and whipped vegan cream (I used Elmlea Plant Cream)