Salted Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies ?
Cookies + Herbs = best flavour combinations!!! ?✨
As you may already know I love cooking and baking with different herbs. My newest love is definitely rosemary in sweet baked goods. The combination of this earthy and flavourful herb with the sweetness of the coconut sugar is just incredible. I really like to bake with coconut sugar instead of regular sugar, as it is more gentle on your blood sugar levels and also contains some nutrients, like zinc, iron, calcium and antioxidants.
2 cups of flour
1 cup of coconut sugar
½ cup of raw cacao powder
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
¾ extra virgin olive oil
2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs
¼ cup of plant-based milk
½ cup of plant-based chocolate chips
Flaky sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Remove the rosemary leaves from the stems and mince the leaves. Add the olive oil and minced rosemary to a small saucepan over low heat. Let it infuse for 5-10 min.
3. In a medium bowl, put the coconut sugar, vanilla, milk and the infused rosemary olive oil. Whisk them together really well until the sugar granules have dissolved.
4. To the same bowl, add the flour and baking powder. Stir until fully combined and there is no dry flour. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for 10 minutes
6. Measure out 1 tbsp portions of the cookie dough and roll into a ball.Press down slightly, sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt and bake them for 15 minutes.
7. When cookies are done, they should have a crisp outer layer but the inside should still be slightly underdone. This is how we get our chewy texture. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool down.