Road Trip Food 🚗🏕
Rice Wraps, Sushi Rolls, & Yam Tempura
– Hot water in a large bowl
– Rice wraps
– Sliced avocado
– Sliced red pepper
– Sliced green pepper
– Sliced carrots
– Sliced cucumber
– Wash and slice vegetables.
– Make hummus.
– Soak each rice paper in hot water for 5 seconds.
– Place rice paper on flat surface and spread hummus in the centre.
– Add all desires vegetables in the centre as well.
– Roll rice paper around vegetables. I had to watch a YouTube video to see how to roll the wrap.
– Yam Tempura
– Mayo sauce
– Sticky rice
– 2 cps sushi rice
– 1 cp apple cider vinegar (I didn’t have rice vinegar)
– 4 tbsp caster sugar
– 1 tsp salt
– Cook rice per package instructions.
– Once cooled, combine all ingredients.
– Olive oil
– 2/3 cp all purpose flour and extra flour
– 2 tbsp corn starch
– Pinch of salt
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 Japanese sweet yam sliced
– Vegan eggs (I used Just Egg)
– Wash and slice sweet potato into 1 cm slices.
– Pour olive oil into a pot on the stove and heat it up over medium-high heat.
– In a bowl, add the flour, salt, corn starch, and baking soda together. Stir well.
– Coat each slice in flour.
– Pour the vegan eggs in a bowl.
– Dip each flour-covered yam slice in the vegan egg.
– Then coat each egg in the flour bowl.
– Place the coated sweet yams in the hot oil.
– Once the sweet potatoes are golden brown, take them out of the oil with tongs and let it dry.
– For the yam tempura in the rolls, slice the tempura into thin strips and follow the same battering and frying instructions.
– 1/2 cp vegan mayonnaise
– 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– Mix all ingredients together.
Deep fried tofu:
– Drain and slice tofu into squares. – Fry in oil.
I used a sushi mat to make and roll the sushi! I also had to watch a video on YouTube to roll the sushi rolls using the sushi mats.