• • • • • •
Veggie Rolls with spicy sweet sauce? ‘腐竹捲’ (Fu Jook Guen) is one of my favorite dim sum dishes. I made mine with jicama, mushrooms & wrapped in a delicious yuba sheet which is yummy as-is or with the sauce. For a gluten-free version, replace the sauces accordingly. The filling works well with Napa cabbage too. Enjoy & hope everyone is staying well & safe. Best, WoonHeng ❤️
– 1 – 2 Yuba sheet/Tofu skin (used frozen)
– 1 small jicama, cut into matchstick size (about 4-5 cups) or sub with potato, 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, 1 small carrot, shredded
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms & a few wood ear mushrooms, softened and sliced
– 1/4 cup chopped scallions or cilantro
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 tablespoon stir fry sauce, toasted sesame oil, salt & white pepper to taste
?Sauce: 1 tablespoon soy sauce/tamari, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, 2 teaspoons sriracha, 1/4 cup hot water
1. To make the filling, heat a non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Then, sauté mushrooms for a minute or two, add carrot and continue to cook for another 30 secs. Add the garlic and wood ear mushrooms and sauté until fragrant.
2. Add the jicama, stir fry sauce, salt, pepper, water & stir to combine, then cover with lid and cook until soft over low-med heat (stir occasionally) Jicama will release its own moisture & turn translucent. Add drizzle of toasted sesame oil & cilantro when ready.
3. To make the rolls, cut Yuba sheet into 5X7 rectangles, soak them into cold water until soft (no more than 2 minutes). Lay one sheet on a cutting board, place 1-2 tablespoons filling in the middle, then wrap it like a spring roll to seal it.
4. To cook the rolls, heat a non-stick pan with a little oil, then pan-fry the rolls over low heat until golden brown, set aside.
5. For the sauce, heat up all the sauce ingredients in a pan & stir to combine (add cornstarch slurry if needed).
6. To serve, slice the rolls into bite-sized pieces and slather with sauce or pair with more chili oil and sediment.
#yuba #tofurecipes #plantbased #easyrecipes #makesmewhole #jicama #f