VEGAN ZUCCHINI “RICOTTA” ROLL UPS! (Nut free :-)Tag ur people! It’s SO EASY, DELISH & few ingredients!
3 tbsp olive oil
32 ounces marinara sauce (my favorites are @raoshomemade or @otamotfoods)
1 (14 ounces) container firm tofu
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Fresh basil to garnish
1. Remove tofu from package and wrap tofu block in 2 paper towels. Squeeze for 10 seconds then break apart tofu into your food processor. To the food processor add salt, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Pulse 6-10 times until you reach the consistency of ricotta cheese. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. PEEL the zucchinis using an Apple peeler (this is a game changer and makes them perfectly thin… or Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1⁄8” thick strips.
3. Spread marinara sauce sauce onto the bottom of a oven-proof skillet set aside.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly along each zucchini slice. Roll up and place in the prepared skillet repeat with remaining zucchini slices and filling. Brush the tops of the zucchini rolls ups with olive oil.
5. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with ground pepper and fresh basil.
#veganmealideas #veganfood #VeeFitness