[Recipe] Spice up your Halloween with this PUMPKIN PANCAKES! ? ? #HappyHalloween
*200ml + 60ml @alpro Oat Milk ✅ (Available in our grocery section)
400g pumpkin, cubed
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp gingerbread spices
Butter, margarine or vegetable oil (@meltorganic butter is available in our grocery section ✅)
100g pure chocolate (70%)
Extra maple syrup for serving
200g + 60g spelt flour
2tbsp + 1tbsp Maple or Agave syrup
1. Steam the pumpkin cubes until soft, then drain and purée with a hand blender (or potato masher if you don’t have one).
2. Make the pancake batter. Mix the pumpkin purée with the egg, 200 ml of Alpro Oat Drink and 2 tbsp of maple or agave syrup. Add the flour, baking powder, gingerbread spices and a pinch of salt and whisk together until you have a smooth batter. Put to one side.
3. For the chocolate webs. Gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water, stirring well, let it cool a little then whisk together with the Alpro Oat Drink, flour and water so it makes a smooth batter. Pour it into a fine-pointed piping cone (or a squeezy bottle will do the job, too).
4. Cook the pancakes. Heat a little butter or oil in a frying pan and spoon in the batter to make four little pancakes each about 8cm across. Cook for a few minutes until the underside is golden brown.
5. Now the fun begins! Using the piping cone, carefully draw chocolate webs onto the uncooked top side, flip over and complete the cooking. Carry on until all the batter is used up – you should get 20-25 pancakes altogether. Serve drizzled with extra maple syrup. Spookily delicious!
Recipe by @alpro