RECIPE ✨ For all of you thinking that they cannot give up dairy because they love cheese too much, I have big news for you! You can still have cheese but it just doesn’t come from an animal. I’m going to show you how to make a Vegan Cashew Cheese – Cranberry & Chive flavoured. Get the recipe below!
½ cup of raw cashews (not toasted)
½ cup of unsweetened plant milk
¼ cup of nutritional yeast
2 tbsp of tahini
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp of onion powder
½ tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of agar agar powder
½ cup of dried cranberries
2 tbsp of diced chives
1 cup of boiling water
1. Line two small containers or bowls with clingfilm leaving some over the edge. This will act as your cheese mould. Set aside.
2. Soak the cashews for a minimum of 2-hours. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
3. Using a high-speed blender, blend the cashews, plant milk, tahini, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder and salt until smooth.
4. Add agar powder to a bowl and pour 1 cup of boiling water over stirring until the powder has dissolved.
5. Add this to the cashew mixture along with half the amount of cranberries and all the chives. Blend until well combined. Stir in the remaining cranberries then pour into the cheese mould. Leave to cool for 20-minutes before transferring to the fridge.
6. Let set in the fridge for a minimum of 2-hours but best if left overnight.
Search for my “Vegan Cheddar” highlight for step by step instructions on how to make vegan Cheddar. #SusanCooksVegan