Ragi whole wheat Papdi Chaat – Mexican Style
This bite size Mexican style papdi chaat idea wasn’t thought over. I was getting my preparations done for the Mexican Rice burrito bowl and when I realised I had this baked ragi whole wheat papdis which I had prepared two days back and then it suddenly clicked lets try this too. And they were absolute delight.
This is how I have done –
* For the papdi made from ragi & whole wheat flour you need – 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup ragi flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp ghee, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp chilly flakes, 1/2 tsp oregano & water to knead. Mix all the dry ingredients. Crumble the flour first adding ghee. Knead the dough adding water. Make 4 balls and roll them thin. Cut with cookie cutter and prick with fork to prevent puffing. Bake in a preheated oven in 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Brush some ghee over them as to not make them dry.
* Refried beans- Rajma (over cooked and smashed). Sauté in olive oil, onion, garlic and tomato paste. Add salt, cumin powder, red chilly powder & Mexican seasoning. You can add some sugar or jaggery for the sweetness required in the chaat. Add the rajma. This refried beans have sticky texture.
* Avocado dip – Half avocado, 1 cup coriander leaves, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 lemon juice, salt to taste, pepper and water. Blend them all. Consistency like sauce.
* Sour cream – Hung curd with salt, pepper, minced garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
* Tomato salsa – I used store brought @wingreensfarms, you can make it at home also.
* Fine topping- Chopped bell peppers, zucchini, onions. You can also use corn kernels (I didn’t have them in my pantry)
* Nachos crushed/smashed coarsely for sprinkling.
* Mexican seasoning
Place the papdis in a serving plate & top it with refried beans. Then add avacado dip, sour cream, and salsa. Add the chopped veggies and sprinkle some Mexican seasonings. Now sprinkle the crushed nachos and some parsley or coriander leaves.They are so quick to finish. Happy tummy.
#vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #mexicanfood #indianstyle #papdichaat #streetfood #homemade #madeathome #cookedathome #healthylifestyle #healthyfood#delhi#delhifoodie