Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!🧡🍪 by @twospoons.ca
Have you tried? They’re soft, moist, and chewy. The recipe uses pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice for a gorgeous fall-flavoured cookie.
Get the recipe below
1 cup vegan butter melted
3/4 cup pumpkin puree canned
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp flaxseed meal or chia meal
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl add the wet ingredients; melted vegan butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cane sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
2. In a separate smaller bowl combine the flour, oats, flaxseed meal, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in batches, folding into the cookie dough batter until just combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the dough has chilled and thickened.
5. Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line three baking trays with parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough batter onto the tray to form a cookie shape, until you’ve used all the dough (about 6 large cookies per tray). Bake for 15 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Let your cookies cool entirely before eating for a non-cakey texture. The longer they sit, the less cakey they become.
Like most oatmeal cookies, these cookies get even better over time!
Transfer to an air-tight container and keep at room temperate for 3 days or fridge for 5.
Follow us @veganmeal_recipe for more vegan food share 🍆🥬