Pulled BBQ Carrots🍔
These days I’ve been craving fast food meals a lot, and so I decided to experiment 🧪 with vegan alternatives.
Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy eating Buddha bowls , quinoa and unprocessed wild rice! But from time to time, I do crave (vegan) fast food meals, and so I satisfy my craves whenever I want.
I think that eating from time to time food that is not deemed as “clean” (I am not a supporter of clean or dirty eating whatsoever) should be part of a balanced diet. A healthy lifestyle must be sustainable in the long run, otherwise it’s totally pointless. And extremes are not sustainable, we know it !
This being said, this vegan BBQ pulled pork cannot be categorized as unhealthy, as it basically consists of carrots🥕 😂. But it satisfied my cravings, and its taste is more than delicious
– 2 large carrots
– 1 large onion
– 1 garlic glove
– 1 1/2 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
– 1/2 Tbsp. Ketchup
– 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
– 1/2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
– Smoked paprika
– Burger buns (to serve)
– Guacamole (to garnish)
1. Shred the carrots, chop the onion and mince the garlic.
2. In a bowl, combine the shredded carrots with the BBQ sauce, the ketchup and paprika. Marinate the carrots for around 15 minutes
3. Put the oil on a frying pan, then add the onion dices and the garlic. Add the soy sauce. Sauté for around 2 minutes
4. Add to the pan the marinated carrots and sauté the food, by making sure to stir to combine the flavors.
5. Place your BBQ pulled carrots in a burger bun and add some guacamole for more flavor