Plantymore is back in action with a classic yummy Dahl and saffron basmati rice.
½ cup basmati rice, cooked (30g uncooked)
Olive oil, for cooking
¼ small brown onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
2 teaspoons Madras curry paste
1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ cup dried red lentils, rinsed
¼ cup canned coconut milk (more if needed)
1 cup water
1 cup kale leaves, tightly packed
Handful coriander leaves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a deep saucepan over a medium–high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook
for 2–3 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add chickpeas and lentils and stir to combine.
4. Add coconut milk and water to pan and stir.
5. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20–30 minutes until lentils are tender.
6. Stir in kale, coriander, lemon juice and heat until leaves have just wilted. Serve with rice.