PECAN PIE THUMBPRINT COOKIES (vegan) 🍪🍪🍪 Save this crowd-pleaser recipe for your next potluck and treat your friends/family! 🥳
I used pantry staples from @thesourcewestendbrisbane and my fave butterscotch caramel sauce by @naturescharm as a tasty & quick caramel filling option because it’s incredible 🙌🏼
But you guys can totally make your own caramel if you are up for it! ✨ You can also make a quick one by mixing equal parts of nut butter + maple syrup and a pinch of salt 👌🏼
Here is the recipe ➡️
PECAN PIE THUMBPRINT COOKIES (vegan)
Makes: 12 cookies
✅1/2 cup white sugar
✅2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown)
✅1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
✅1 tsp vanilla extract
✅1/4 cup almond milk
✅1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
✅ 12 teaspoons caramel sauce (I used @naturescharm butterscotch )
✅ 12 pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until the sugars have dissolved
3. Sift the flour into the wet mixture and use a spatula to fold everything together until no dry flour remains.
4. Divide the cookie dough into 12 balls, and arrange them evenly on a baking tray, leaving 2cm between each to allow for it to expand
5. Use your thumb to make a big indent in the centre of each ball
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the outside is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool before removing. They will be very soft and firm up a bit as they cool.
7. Once the cookies have cooled down, spoon a teaspoon of caramel filling into each indent. Top with a pecan
Enjoy friends! Let me know if you try it ❤️
#run2food #vegancookies #sp