Peanut Butter Choc Chip Fudge! 🥜🍫
PB & Choc Chip for me tops any other PB flavor combo and this week’s SBWS is all about a classic with a twist – fudge.
Peanut butter makes up the thick fudge base and with dark choc chips scattered throughout, the bars have the classic fudge texture and the crunchiness of the PB brings a little extra bite for a leveled up fudge bite.
You only need 4 kitchen staples and time for the fudge to chill so pop your apron on and let’s get baking. 👩🏼🍳
240g peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
415g icing sugar, sieved
170g dairy free spread
100g chocolate chips
1. Add the butter to saucepan and melt over low heat and once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, mix until well combined.
2. Sieve in the icing sugar a spoonful at a time ensuring you stir thoroughly after adding in each spoonful.
3. Mix well until a smooth fudge batter has formed, roughly 4-5 minutes of stirring.
4. Transfer the mixture into a deep lined baking tray and place in the freezer until firm, roughly 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
5. Once firm, cut to your desired bar size and top with an extra drizzle of melted choc.
I use Vitalite dairy free spread, crunchy PB (although you can use smooth) and the fudge will keep for a week stored in the fridge in an airighter or alternatively you can freeze the fudge and it will keep for 4 weeks in the freezer. 🌱