PB+J Overnight Oats
Changing up my breakfast routine and hopping on the overnight oats bandwagon. I was hesitant to make them since I’m not a huge oatmeal person, but they were delicious and pairing them with homemade jam made for the perfect mix! I used @bobsredmill gluten-free oats to make this so everyone can enjoy!
– 1/2 cup of gluten-free oats
– 1 tbsp of chia seeds
– 1 tbsp of runny peanut butter (I like @traderjoes ) + extra for topping
– 1 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
– Pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk @califiafarms
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen
– 1 tbsp of lemon juice
– 1 tbsp of maple syrup
– 1/2 tsp of cornstarch
– 1 tsp of chia seeds
1. Combine dry ingredients of oat mixture then whisk in vanilla extract and almond milk.
2. Make sure ingredients are thoroughly combined before adding to a jar and placing in the fridge overnight
3. Make jam by heating strawberries, lemon juice and maple syrup on a stovetop over med heat
1. Use wooden spoon to help mash strawberries as they start to breakdown over heat
4. Continue to stir/mash until most berries are broken down. Add extra tbsp of lemon juice if too thick
5. Stir in cornstarch and chia seeds to help thicken the jam
6. Place in jar and store in fridge until ready to use
7. Assemble your breakfast by combining the oats with the jam and topping with extra PB drizzle or hemp seeds!
#breakfast #overnightoats #overnightoatsrecipe #breakfastideas #brunch #brunchtime #breakfastofchampions #glutenfree #vegan #veganrecipes #veganbreakfast #bestofvegan #veganlife #healthy #healthyrecipes #healthyeating