One-Pot Lentil Bolognese 🍝💚🌱
This recipe comes from tasty.co and we absolutely loved it. We omitted the oil and changed a few ingredients to suit us. Really flavoursome, rich and delicious. We paired it up with some Spelt whole-wheat fusilli for that real whole-food-based meal. 💚
So here’s what you’ll need (serves 4):
• Pasta of your choice (we chose spelt whole-wheat fusilli)
• 1 large yellow onion, minced
• 1 large carrot, diced
• 2 stalk celery, diced
• 3 cups white mushroom(300 g), diced
• 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
• 1 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
• ½ cup red wine(120 mL)
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 28 oz diced organic tomatoes, 2 can
• ¼ cup tomato paste(55 g)
• 2 cups vegetable broth(480 mL)
• 1 cup dried brown lentil(200 g)
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• Tomato slices for garnish
1. In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Use the same pot, add the onion and sauté in water until translucent.
3. Stir in the carrots, celery, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms have cooked down and are turning golden, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the wine and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.
5. Add the garlic and stir to combine, then add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, lentils, basil, oregano, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
6. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for an hour, until the bolognese is thickened.
7. Serve the bolognese over the pasta of your choice!
#vegan #plantbased #veganfood #vegetarian #crueltyfree #healthyfood #food #vegansofqatar #healthy #organic #govegan #foodporn #foodie #veganlife #vegansofig #healthylifestyle #love #veganrecipes #whatveganseat #vegano #veganism #instafood #fitness #veganfoodshare #natural #health #dairyfree #vegansofinstagram #yummy #qatarvegans