One of those Sunday mornings with protein packed vegan breakfast. Steamed lentil dumplings, we call it “Nucchina Unde” in South India.
2 C Toor dal (Split pigeon peas)
1 TBSP Channa dal (Brown chickpeas)
1 TBSP Green gram dal
2 TBSP freshly grated coconut
4-5 green chillies
1 inch ginger
A handful of coriander leaves
1/4tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
Salt to taste.
Additionally you can add fenugreek leaves, onion, dill leaves as per your choice.
– Soak the first three dals for 2 hours
– Meanwhile grind the other ingredients into a paste (chutney consistency)
– Add the soaked dals into the grinder and coarse grind.
– Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the herbs/ chopped onions if you would like to and mix well.
– Make oval shaped dumpling as shown in the picture.
– Steam this for 15 minutes.
– Additionally you could also use this mixture as a filling for momos or dumplings.
Serve it with schezwan chutney and relish!
#nuchhinaunde #plantbasedfood #veganrecipes #southindianrecipes #plantbaseddiet #steamedlentildumplings #lentils #proteinrichveganfood #vegan #southindianbreakfast #dumplings #lentilsrecipes #sobangalore #travelkarnataka #schezwansauce #veganbreakfast #vegetarisch #sundaymornings