Nate Eats Vegan ? Penne Alla Butternut Squash ??
When life gives you butternut squash ?, use it to make a creamy, delicious vegan-friendly ?pasta sauce. If you are someone who loves their spice, this sauce packs quite the heat ?? to make your tastebuds tingle. ? Nothing more screams “FALL!” ? then enjoying a nice, hearty bowl of this pasta by the fireplace. ? Do not hesitate — SAVE the recipe and get to cooking! Bon appétit! ???
⭐️ 375 g Penne Pasta ?
⭐️ Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, and cut in 1/2-inch pieces ?
⭐️ 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped ?
⭐️ 2 Garlic Cloves, minced ?
⭐️ 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
⭐️ 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes ?
⭐️ 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
⭐️ Salt & Ground Black Pepper?
⭐️ 1/3 Cup @violife’s Parmesan Cheese, shaved ?
⭐️ Fresh Thyme, garnish ?
1. Using your @ourplace Always Pan® (or a skillet), add the squash, onion, garlic, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add in the vegetable broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer until the liquid is soft and the squash is soft about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta al dente according to the package, stirring occasionally. Drain and save 1 cup of pasta water; set aside.
4. Once the squash mixture is cooked, remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly. Transfer contents to a blender and purée the mixture until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
5. In the previously used skillet, combine the pasta, puréed squash mixture, and 1/4 cup of the saved pasta water. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes, adding in more pasta water as needed. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Serve the pasta in bowls, and garnish with vegan parmesan cheese and fresh thyme. Enjoy! ?
Nate Eats World ???
#veganlifestyle #foodietribe #thrivemags #vegandinnerideas #pastalovers #pastarecipe #veganpasta #veganpastasauce #vegandinnerideas #dinnerrecipes #dinnerrecipe #dinnerideas #butternutsquash #butternutsquashrecipes #food52grams