Must try Masala Stuffed Aubergines ?
Eating vegetables in one thing, nevertheless slitting them open, while stuffing them with more goodies carries a notch higher. I have tried many varieties of stuffed vegetables and I love this recipe in particular.
2 large aubergines (150-300g)
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp (28g) onion, finely chopped
3 tsp (15g) ginger garlic paste
1 large (123g) tomato, diced
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cheddar cheese
½ tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Garam masala
½ tsp Black pepper powder
2 tsp Fish curry powder
¼ cup water
FOR aubergines preparation.
1. Wash clean aubergines thoroughly, keep the stem on and slit lengthwise each of them.
2. Core the flesh out leaving a border within 2-3 cm thickness. Chop the flesh and keep it aside.
3. Marinate and coat the cored aubergines with a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp oil. Keep aside.
1. Heat oil (in medium flame) and fry onion till edges turn light brown. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for another 40 sec.
2. Immediately add in tomatoes, aubergine flesh and salt. Stir till everything turns mushy.
3. Reduce flame a little and add INGREDIENT A. Simmer ingredients till water evaporates and oil separates.
4. Stir occasionally to prevent bottom from burning.
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius and grease baking tin.
2. Spoon stuffing into the aubergine halves. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle a little oil.
3. Bake aubergines for 35-40 mins or till aubergines sides turns slightly brown.
4. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with rice.
#indianfoodlovers #indianfoodtales #indianfoodiesquad #indianfood #chennaifoodie #chennaifood #chennaifoodblogger #mumbaifoodie #mumbaistreetfood #vegetarianfood #vegetariana #vegetales #vegetariano #lunchideas #lunchtime? #foodiepics #foodstylingandphotography #foodphotograph #foodmalaysia #foodstyle #darkphotography #darkphotography #eggplant #aubergines #deliciousandhealthy #nutritiousfood #eatplantsnotanimals #desifood #indiandish #indianrecipes