🍄 MUSHROOM STROGANOFF with creamy mash🤤💛
✔️ SAVE this Post to make later
✔️ TAG a friend who needa try this today!
✔️ FOLLOW @veganreserve for daily #vegan inspo & recipes from across the gram
Post and below recipe by @nourishingalex
This is like a big cosy warm hug it’s so comforting 🥺 and it’s one of most popular recipes and now I know why. 😋😋😋
I think this is my favourite recipe too. ITS SO GOOD!
And did you know mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D! ☀️
I actually adapted this recipe from my original one slightly by using dairy free cream instead of yoghurt for better creaminess.
🍄 1 red onion, finely diced
🍄 2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2tsp garlic granules
🍄 250g-300g mushrooms, sliced
🍄 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
🍄 1 tsp smoked paprika
🍄 120ml vegetable stock
🍄 2 tsp nutritional yeast
🍄 1/4 tsp marmite OR 1tsp soy sauce
🍄 100ml vegan cream (I used @alpro single cream)
🍄 cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Sauté the onion in a pan using a little water or oil on a medium/high heat setting until soft and see through.
2. Add in the mushrooms & garlic and cook for 6 mins until the mushrooms are almost soft.
3. Add smoked paprika & Parsley then cook for another 1 min until fragrant.
4. Pour in the vegetable stock, stir in the yeast extract (marmite) or soy sauce, the nutritional yeast & the cream then let it simmer on a low heat setting for about 10 mins or until it thickens and reduces. season with crack black pepper.
5. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley then serve with mashed potato, pasta, rice or quinoa! Enjoy! 😋