Maple balsamic tempeh bowl with steamed veggies and coconut pumpkin rice. Sounds fancy, but it was actually pretty easy to make (recipe inspired by eatingbirdfood)! ??
Maple Balsamic Tempeh:
• 2 packages of tempeh (Found in most grocery stores, refrigerated by the tofu, in the store’s natural/health foods area.)
• 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tsp olive or avocado oil
• 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
• 3 cloves minced garlic
• 2 cups veggies (I used kale & carrots, but broccoli also works!)
• 1 cup canned coconut milk
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
• 1 cup rice
• salt to taste
1. Cut tempeh into slices or small triangles & place in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix agave, balsamic vinegar, oil, soy sauce, and garlic together. Then, pour the marinade mixture over the tempeh, coat well, and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. To cook the rice, add the coconut milk, water, pumpkin, rice, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover & reduce heat. Let rice cook until liquid is fully absorbed, stirring occasionally.
4. While rice is cooking, heat some oil in a skillet. Then add marinated tempeh pieces. Cook until golden brown on each side. Then pour the rest of the marinate in the skillet & simmer for another 5ish minutes. Sauce will thicken into a glaze. Turn over tempeh a few times while cooking.
5. Steam your veggies while tempeh is cooking.
6. Assemble: Add rice to a bowl, top with tempeh & veggies. Season with salt, pepper, and/or nutritional yeast to taste! ?
#veganrecipes #veganlife #tempeh #plantbased #tempehrecipe #dinnerideas #vegandinner #plantbaseddiet #vegan #pumpkinrecipes #eatlessmeat #vegetarian #veganbowls #veganfoodshare #veganeats #veggies #eatmoreplants