Mango Sicky Rice by @foodpassionical
Follow us @veganrecipesideas for more delicious recipes 💚🌱
400g glutinous rice(soak for at least 2 hours)
4 pieces of pandan leafs (screwpine leaf)
200ml coconut cream
200ml light coconut milk
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
Salt for taste
Some toasted sesame
1) Steam the soaked glutinous rice about 30 minutes or till it soft and tender
2) Add in 200ml coconut cream, 2 knots pandan leafs, 1 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp salt into the sauce pan and cook for about 4 minutes with low heat. Set aside
3) Once the rice is ready, transfer to a bowl. Add in the cooked coconut cream and mix well. Let it sit for 20 minutes or wait till the milk is absorbed.
5) Start making the sauce, pour in 200ml light coconut in a sauce pan, take out 2 tbsp of coconut milk and mix with 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
6) Cook the light coconut milk and pour the cornstarch mixture while stirring. Once the milk is thick and creamy, remove from the heat.
7) Serve the sticky rice together with the mango and pour the sauce on it. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and enjoy.