Malaysian Stir-Fried Noodles! Also known as KL Hokkien Mee. 🍜
This mouthwatering recipe was created by WoonHeng from @woon.heng!
Follow us @veganfantasy for daily delicious vegan recipe!🌱🌱#veganfantasy
Recipe (yields 3 servings)
3 servings frozen udon (thawed to room temp) or fresh yellow noodles
7oz firm tofu (pressed), sliced
4oz Konnyaku slices (optional)
3oz sliced mushrooms (used King Oyster)
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 cups chopped YuChoy
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
oil for cooking
3 tablespoons @lkkusa Premium Dark Soy Sauce
2 cups of water
2 cups of veggie stock
1. In a heated non-stick pan with 3 teaspoons oil, pan-fry tofu slices until golden brown, then continue to sauté mushrooms for about 1 minute. Set aside.
2. Using the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil and sauté garlic until aromatic.
3. Add in the water, veggie stock, @lkkusa Premium Dark Soy Sauce, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Place in the noodles and rest of the ingredients (except vegetables), then place a lid over and lower heat to simmer until the sauce is reduced to half.
5. Remove the lid and add in the vegetables, then toss to combine. Let the veggies cook for another minute until tender. Season accordingly.
6. Turn off the heat and serve warm with a side of sambal or chili sauce.
Note: Sauce will thicken slightly once it’s cooled down & adjust stock or water accordingly if using different types of noodles.