Love this by @naturallyzuzu 😋
Hello December and holiday cookies!
Here is my Easy Vegan Linzer Cookies with Strawberry Jam.
When it comes to holiday cookies, Linzers are my all time favorite. I make them every year! This year, I modified the recipe slightly. Instead of using refine sugar, I used maple syrup and it came out beautifully. You still have to use powder confectioners sugar to dust them. So here is the recipe.
Easy Vegan Linzer Cookies
Makes 25 cookies
1 cup non-dairy butter softened
⅔ cup maple syrup
4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
4 tsp of powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Place butter in a large mixing bowl and whip it with a mixer until it’s creamy. Add the maple syrup, salt, and vanilla and mix until all combined. Add the flour and work the dough with your hands until you can shape a ball with your dough. If your dough is sticky, add more flour.
4. Divide dough and shape into 2 balls, then flatten each into a disk. I roll the dough between two parchment papers. Roll into 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Cut out the cookies using a cookie cutter, cutting half of them with the plain cutter, and half with the small star or heart shaped cutter. Carefully transfer to a prepared cookie sheets, spacing them ½” apart. Gather up any dough scraps and repeat the process until you run out of dough.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 15 minutes, until the edges begin to become a little golden. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before spreading the jam.
7. Take the regular shaped cookie which will be the bottom and place a 1/2 tsp jam on it. Cover it with cut out cookie like a sandwich. Repeat the process until you are done with all the cookies.
8. Dust with the powdered sugar until they look pretty.
#naturallyzuzu #vegano #dairyfree #foodporn #cookies #cookiesofinstagram #christmascookies #veganfoodporn #feedfeed #feedfeedvegan #wholefoods #vegansofig #bestofvegan #foodstyling #veganeats #kaylaitsines #plantpower #veganrecipes #plantbased #hellodecember