🍦🍦🍦 Let me give you the inside scoop🍦🍦🍦
I found a ‘No Churn-Vegan Ice Cream Recipe by @minimalistbaker and decided to play around with it a little because I needed an excuse to try out the new coconut condensed milk from coles and I can never say no to an oreo. All of my friends, vegan or not, have loved this recipe. If you make it, send me a picture and tell me how it went.
1 can coconut cream (chilled overnight in the fridge)
1 can coconut condensed milk
2/3 cup cacao powder
150g pitted dates (if not sticky and moist, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of your preferred plant-based milk
2 packets oreos
1. Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, add moist, pitted dates to a food processor and process until small bits remain. Then add hot water a little at a time until it forms a thick paste. Set aside.
3. Without tipping the can, scoop out the coconut cream from the top of the can, reserving the clear liquid for other uses. Place in chilled mixing bowl.
4. Using a mixer, whip until creamy and smooth. Then add cocoa powder, vanilla, almond milk, and the date paste. Whip until fully incorporated.
5. At this point you can add any additional ad-ins that you desire. I added oreos because they are just my favourite.
6. Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
7. Transfer to a parchment-lined freezer-safe container and cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil to help freeze.
8. You can take this out in a couple of hours for a chilled mousse-like ice cream. Freeze overnight for a firmer ice cream.
9. Set out for at least 20 minutes prior to scooping, and use a scoop warmed under hot water for a proper scoop.
10. Will keep in the freezer for up to one week, but best when fresh.
Let me know what you think of this recipe if you make it ☺️