Lentilles bourguignonnes, #vegan version of the #french traditional dish boeuf bourguignon, but with lentils!
? Recipe ?
For 4 people
– 1 onion
– 1 table spoon vegetable oil
– 1 can of lentils (or dry lentils)
– 4 carrots
– 1 bottle of red wine
– dry thyme
– dry rosemary
– 2-3 bay leaves
– optional : 2 cups of button mushrooms
– optional : 3 big red potatoes
– optional : fresh parsley
– Heat the oil in a large pot
– Mince the onion and add to the pot. Wait for them to be a little caramelized
– Mince the carrots and add to the pot, cook for 10 min
– Add the minced potatoes and mushrooms
– Add the lentils now if you use dry ones
– Add the red wine so it covers all the previous ingredients
– Add the dry herbs
– Cook at very low heat for at least 2 hours, without a cover
– Add the lentils now if you use canned ones
– Continue to cook at very low heat until the sauce becomes thick, brown and without any alcohol taste. The longer it cooks, the better it is!
– Serve with rice, pastas or potatoes if you didn’t add them in the dish, add the minced fresh parsley on the lentilles bourguignonnes in your plate.
– Don’t forget to get a nice bread loaf (baguette, sourdough) to dip in the sauce, this is how we eat it in France #frenchtouch
#veganfood #veganrecipe #veganstew #veganfortheanimals #wine #redwine #plantbased #plantbasedfood #plantbasedrecipe #plantbasedstew #veganfrench #frenchfood #veganfrenchfood #bourguignon #boeufbourguignonvegan #potatoes #carrots #onions #recipe #lentillesbourguignonnes #foodforguests