Lentil, Potato & Spinach Curry🌿🍃
1 large potato
1 medium onion
1 cup uncooked lentils + 2 cups water for cooking lentils
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp chili powder
2.5 tsp cumin
2 tsp curry powder
3/4 cup marinara or tomato sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1 14 oz. can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
2 cups baby spinach
red chili flakes optional
1. Peel and dice the potato (small bite sized pieces) and finely chop the onion. In a medium saucepan, add the lentils with 2 cups of water. Cover, bring to a boil then turn down the heat to simmer still covered.
2. Cook the lentils are just barely al dente and drain away any remaining liquid. While lentils are cooking, add the chopped onion and oil to a large pan. Cook around 5 minutes until translucent, stirring periodically.
3. Add the diced potatoes and cook another 5 minutes covered, adding a bit of water if the pan is getting to dry.
4. Add all the spices to the pan, stir and cook another minute. Add the cooked lentils to the pan and the remaining ingredients, except the baby spinach. Stir, cook at a gentle simmer for around 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
5. Add in the spinach and stir for a minute or two until it is wilted. Serve and top with red chili flakes if desired.
➙ Get 80+ vegan eBooks📗 for $50 📌 Link in Bio
#vegan #organic #glutenfree #plantbased #vegetarian #veganfood #vegansofig #crueltyfree #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #govegan #veganlife #veganism #vegansofinstagram #veganrecipes #veganlifestyle #veganfoodporn #plantbaseddiet #vegangirl #veganvitamin #veganeats #organicfood #vegancommunity #vegan_veganfood