Lemon & Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe!
I have finally perfected the recipe to ensure the buttercream isn’t too runny/stiff and creates the perfect rose shape!
I made chocolate cupcakes topped with lemon frosting and another topped with vanilla frosting ? the frosting really does make all the difference ??
RECIPE [serves 12 cupcakes]
• Butter: 250g
• Icing sugar: 450g
• Vanilla cupcakes: 1tsp of vanilla essence
• Lemon cupcakes: 2tsp of lemon extract
• Using an electric beater mix the butter for approx 7 mins / until it whitens
• Add the sugar little by little and mix
• Add the essence and mix until stiff peaks occur. If it is not stuff enough, add some more icing sugar
• Place it in the icing bag using a star nozzle, ensure there is no air in the bag
• Pipe on the cupcake starting from the middle and slowly going anticlockwise until the edge
• Enjoy!! ??