“Kung Pao Style Cauliflower by @thefoodietakesflight 😋 An amazing take on cauliflower! Get this delicious recipe below:
2 small heads cauliflower (makes around 3 1/2 cups of florets)
1 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tsp cornstarch, mixed
3 tbsp oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sliced onion leeks
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup peanuts, optional
Dried chili, optional
1/4 tsp Szechuan peppercorns, optional
1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together except the cornstarch and water.
2. In a bowl, marinate the cauliflower in soy sauce and cornstarch mix for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Place the marinated cauliflower and cook for 15 minutes until tender. Cover while waiting for the cauliflower to cook in the steam. Set aside cooked cauliflower.
4. Add 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Once hot, sauté the garlic, onion leeks, bell peppers, Szechuan peppers, and dried chili (if using).
5. Add in the sauce mixture. Once it boils, add in the cornstarch and water mixture. Lower heat and then mix well. Add in the cauliflower. Cook until the cauliflower absorbs the sauce and is thick. .
#veganfood #vegetarianfood #veganbreakfast #healthyrecipes #veganfoodshare #veganrecipes #plantbasedrecipe #plantbaseddiet #vegans #vegetarianrecipes #veganlunch #veganrecipe #whatveganseat #vegancomfortfood #vegandinner #plantbasedfood #plantbased #veganstirfry #vegansofig #govegan #plantbasedrecipes #vegetarian”