KL Hokkien mee😋 is a very popular and delicious stir-fried noodle dish in Malaysia. It’s an inexpensive but satisfying meal that you can find at many Chinese eateries around KL. One of the key ingredients of a lip-smacking😋 Hokkien Mee is a good dark soy sauce and I found that Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce @lkkusa is the perfect match to create the flavor that I am familiar with. I used this dark soy sauce to braise the noodles to create a harmonious flavor with the sweet crunchy cabbage for an umami plant-rich meal
Recipe (yields 3 servings)
3 servings frozen udon (thawed to room temp) or fresh yellow noodles
7oz firm tofu (pressed), sliced
4oz Konnyaku slices (optional)
3oz sliced mushrooms (used King Oyster)
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 cups chopped YuChoy
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
oil for cooking
3 tablespoons @lkkusa Premium Dark Soy Sauce
2 cups of water
2 cups of veggie stock
1. In a heated non-stick pan with 3 teaspoons oil, pan-fry tofu slices until golden brown, then continue to sauté mushrooms for about 1 minute. Set aside.
2. Using the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil and sauté garlic until aromatic.
3. Add in the water, veggie stock, @lkkusa Premium Dark Soy Sauce, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Place in the noodles and rest of the ingredients (except vegetables), then place a lid over and lower heat to simmer until the sauce is reduced to half.
5. Remove the lid and add in the vegetables, then toss to combine. Let the veggies cook for another minute until tender. Season accordingly.
6. Turn off the heat and serve warm with a side of sambal or chili sauce.
Note: Sauce will thicken slightly once it’s cooled down & adjust stock or water accordingly if using different types of noodles.
#leekumkee #soysauce #lkksharelife #lkkusa
vegan_recipe_centre #vegancomfortfood #plantbasedfoodie #plantbasedrecipes #plantbasedrecipe #veganfoodporn #plantbaseddiet #veganfoodie #veganrecipes #plantbasedbreakfast #vegandinner #veganbreakfast #veganfoodshare #vegetarianrecipes #veganeats #veganfoodlovers #veganfriendly #plantbase #veganfood #whatveganse