Khatti Meethi Gujarati Dal With a characteristic #Sweet & #Sour_Taste, This traditional dal recipe is quite reflective of #Gujarati #Culture & uses the typical #Ingredients & #Spices.
• Toor dal 1 cup
• Salt to taste
• Water 3 cups + 2 cups
• Ghee 1 tbsp
• Mustard seeds ½ tsp
• Cumin seeds ½ tsp
• Methi seeds ½ tsp
• Curry leaves 6-7 nos.
• Asafoetida 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder ½ tsp
• Kashmiri red chilli powder 1/4th tsp
• Dry red chillies 3-4 nos.
• Tomatoes 1 medium size (chopped)
• Green chillies 1 no. (slit)
• Jaggery 1.5 tbsp
• Tamarind Pulp 2 tbsp
• Ginger 1 inch (grated)
• Salt to taste
• Lemon juice 1 tsp
• Fresh coriander 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Rinse the dal thoroughly with water.
• Transfer the dal in a cooker, add salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook on medium low flame for 3-4 whistles. Switch off the flame and let the cooker depressurize naturally to open the lid.
• Open the lid and stir the dal well, make sure the dal is completely cooked if not then please pressure cook again. Blend the cooked dal with a hand blender, you can also use whisk but that requires lot of effort.
• Set a wok on medium heat, add ghee, mustard seeds, jeera, methi seeds, curry leaves, hing, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry red chillies, tomatoes and green chillies, sauté well for few seconds and add the pureed dal to the tempering adjust the consistency by adding water.
• Add jaggery, tamarind ginger and salt to taste, mix well and let the dal simmer for 7-8 minutes.
• Finish it by adding lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
?Your Khatti Meethi Gujarati Dal is ready, serve hot with Steam Rice?️
#Sweetiekitchenette #gujaratidal #dals #gujaratirecipe #gujaratifood #indianrecipe #lunch #dinner #gujaratirecipes #easyrecipe #vegetarianfood #mumbaifood #gujaratidal #delhifood #gujaratithali #gujaratifood #mumbaifoodie #northindianfood #indiancuisine #tasteofindia #vegthali #homemadefood #kerala