Kerala Vegetable Stew
A savoury stew dish, that is light, aromatic & wholesome!
Our Kerala vegetable stew is gluten-free & is great to be included in vegan diets.
I love this dish for its versatility of flavours as it tastes great with rice, dosa, appan, idli or even malabari paratha!
Vegetables Stew~ *Ingredients* – 1.5 cups blanched vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, beans) – 1 no. Onion, chopped
– 10gm garlic, chopped
– 10gm ginger, julienne
– 2 nos. Green chilly, slit
– 8-10 nos curry leaves
– 15gm whole black pepper
– 10ml coconut oil
– 150ml coconut milk thin (homemade) – 100ml coconut milk thick (canned) – 1 tbsp each, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, crushed slightly
– 3 tbsp coconut oil
– Salt to taste *Method* > Heat coconut oil in a deep pan & splutter the crushed spices. > Add onions, ginger & garlic, curry leaves & green chilly and saute for a few minutes till the onions becomes soft. Don’t make the onions brown. > Add the vegetables and combine well. > Add coconut milk and salt, bring to boil, reduce heat. Simmer and cook till vegetables are tender. It will take 10 mins approx. > Add thick coconut milk and cook for 5 more minutes and remove from fire.
Garnish with curry leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice or appam. I serve it with hot steaming idlis!
• Stewing vegetables conserves all of their nutrients, making the stew a super healthy meal option! • Coconut milk is known to be a healthier alternative to regular milk and cream. • It is rich in many vitamins & minerals and can be helpful in controlling blood pressure too.
• Coconut milk has lauric acid that can help boost the immune system!
Try this super nutritious & easy stew recipe today, & let us know how you liked it!
#recipeoftheday #recipe #easyrecipes #recipeshare #keralavegetablestew #veggies #vegetables #vegetablestew #glutenfree #vegan #veganrecipes #nutrition #eathealthy #healthymeals #healthymealplan #healthyfood #healthyrecipes #healthyliving #healthgoals #healthcoach #foodinspiration #foodstagram #food #foodiesofinstagram #foodpics #foodnetwork #foodlovers #foodblogger #foodinfluencer #blogger