Japanese Curry Buns! by @foodpassionical Filled with savory potatoes, peas, and carrot. ?
Follow us @plantbasedsouthlondon for recipes ? places to eat ? and events ☀️
Check out Moon’s recipe below:
1 yellow onion
4 cloves garlic, paste
1/2 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp sambal paste(optional)
1 tbsp ketchup or sugar
1 1/2 tbsp of curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 cup mix veggies
Salt for seasoning
2 – 3 tbsp oil for cooking
1) Heat 2 tbsp oil, Sauté the chopped onion for few minutes, then add in potatoes.
2) Add in the curry powder, garam masala, sambal paste and ketchup or sugar. Pour in 500ml water and cook till the potatoes is soft and tender.
3) Add the mix veggies, cook till everything well combine and keep in the fridge for overnight.
300g bread flour
70g cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
250ml warm soy milk
2 tbsp vegan butter
Oil for frying
Vegan egg wash : 200ml soy milk mix with 2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup breadcrumbs/ Panko
1) Mix all the dry ingredients, then add in warm soy milk and knead the dough into a ball.
2) Add the vegan butter, mix and incorporate into the dough. Knead till the dough is soft and smooth. Cover and rest the dough for 1 hour.
3) Divide the dough into 10 equal portions. Roll out the dough into 9cm, fill the potato curry in a center and pinch the edges to seal the dough.
4) Put the bun in the vegan egg wash and coat well. Place the bun in breadcrumbs and coat well, let the bun rest for 30 minutes.
5) Heat oil in a pot and deep fry the bun till golden brown, drain the bun in paper towel. This bun best serve warm and enjoy.
#plantbasedrecipes #vegansofinstagram #vegana #vegans #veganlife #veganfood #vegan_veganfood #veganlife #veganism #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #veganrecipes #veganbreakfast #veganlunch #veganfoodie #veganeats #vegancommunity #vegandinner #veganshare #veganlifestyle #veganfitness #veganfoodlovers