🍂 Is it even fall without butternut soup?
Easy, no-cream-of-something crockpot dinner 👇
Use coconut milk and leave out the cheese for an easy vegan soup. 😋
CROCKPOT BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
• 1 butternut squash (about 10 inches in length)
• 2 apples (I used gala)
• 1/2 yellow onion
• 1 T minced garlic
• 1 t ginger paste
• 2 T butter or oil
• 1 bay leaf
• 1/4 t cayenne
• 2 t thyme
• 2 t black pepper
• 2 t salt
• 1 t cinnamon
• 4 c vegetable broth
• 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 1 c whole milk
• pomegrante arils
• Candied pecans or pepitas
• Peel the butternut squash and chop it into large pieces (about 2 – 3 inches)
• Chop the apples and half onion as well
• Pour the melted butter or oil into the crockpot and spread the onions then apples and Bay leaf on the bottom. Top with the butternut squash
• Spread the garlic and ginger paste over the top and evenly sprinkle all the spices and salt.
• Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours or until the onions and apples are a little browned.
• Add the vegetable broth and cook for another 2 hours or until the apples and squash are soft.
• Blend the soup until smooth. It’s easiest with an immersion blender.
• Sprinkle the cheese in and stir until it is melted and mixed in.
• Stir in the milk.
• Serve and top with candied pecans and pomegranate arils.
#butternutsoup #butternutsquashsoup #crockpotsoup #crockpotdinner #easysoup #vegansoup #vegandinner #veganbutternutsquashsoup #crockpotbutternutsoup #crockpotbutternutdquashsoup #shecooks #falldinner #fallsoup #fallrecipe #falldinnerrecipe #falldinnerrecipes #autumnsoup #autumnvibes #fallvibes #healthysoup