Im cravining something delicious so today we have Roasted Garlic Mac & Cheese by Claire Cary 🧀
• 16 ounces pasta of choice ( brown rice pasta if keeping it GF)
• 2 large heads garlic
• 2.5 cups unsweetened and unflavored almond milk
• 4 tbsp dairy free butter or olive oil (butter for the best flavor)
• 2 tbsp arrowroot powder, tapioca or cornstarch
• 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (divided)
• 1/4 tsp mustard powder
• 1/4 tsp onion powder
• 3/4 cup homemade cashew parmesan
• 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
• 1/4-1/2 tsp salt (If using extra nutritional yeast in place of the cashew parmesan, add more salt as needed since the cashew parm adds a bit of salt to the final recipe.)
• Pinch of paprika (about 1/8 tsp)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take the both whole heads of garlic and cut off the top part so you can see the inside of each clove.
3. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, wrap tightly in foil, and place in the oven.
4. Roast for 45 minutes.
5. During the final 10 minutes, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
6. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
7. When the garlic is done, let cool until it is easy to handle. Squeeze the bottom so the cloves come out into a blender. Careful not to get any of the skin in there.
8. Add all remaining ingredients.
9. Process the mixture until completely smooth.
10. Transfer the sauce to a large pan and heat over low heat. When it starts to thicken, stir in the pasta and allow the sauce to continue to thicken.
11. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes to ensure it gets thick.
12. Taste and add more salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, butter, or cashew parmesan as desired.
#food #vegan #veganfood #vegans #veganlifestyle #veganmeals #veganlife #veganbaking #veganrecipes #veganfoodshare #veganfoodlover #veganfoodie #igfood #healthyveganfood #healthyvegan #vegetarianrecipes #cheese #foodie #plantbaseddiet #plantbasedrecipe #vegandinner #whatveganseat #foodrevolution #veganlove #veganfoodporn #eatsplants #veganlunch #veganbowl #eatyourveggies #veganfoodshares