Holiday Ginger Snap Cookies
* 1/4 cup (56g) Vegan Butter
* 1 cup (200g) Light Brown Sugar
* 1/4 cup (60ml) Unsulphured Molasses
* 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
* 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour*
* 1 tsp Baking Soda
* 1/4 tsp Salt
* 2 tsp Ground Ginger
* 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp Allspice
* 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
* 2–3 Tbsp Non-Dairy Milk
* 1/4 cup (50g) White Granulated Sugar (for rolling)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cream vegan butter and brown sugar together and then add molasses and vanilla extract and mix in.
3. Sift all purpose flour into a bowl and add baking soda, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves and mix together.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir in by hand until crumbly.
5. Add 2 Tbsp non-dairy milk and mix. You should get a very thick cookie dough. However, if you still have crumbles and it’s not yet ‘sticking together’ then add another 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk.
6. Break off pieces of the dough and roll into balls. Place them evenly onto your parchment lined baking tray. Aim to get 19-20 cookies from the batch.
7. Roll the balls in white granulated sugar and return to the parchment lined tray.
8. Flatten the cookies with a fork or your thumb.
9. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. If you want more on the softer side then bake for 10 minutes, if you want more snap/crunch then bake for 12 minutes and if you want them super crunchy then you can bake them for up to 15 min.