hokkien mee is by far one of my favourite local noodle dishes!! this 🍝 VEGAN HOKKIEN NOODLE 🍝 is one of the most famous dishes within the Chinese community in Singapore. this easy and authentic recipe replicates the ‘wok hei’ needed to braise the noodles in the special soy sauce for the best flavours 😋 and to achieve that smoky flavour 👅💦
400g hokkien noodles
200g bean sprouts
250g leafy green
30g ginger, minced
2 tablespoons oil of choice
2 teaspoons mushroom powder
2 teaspoons vegan oyster sauce
1 teaspoon oil of choice
for the tofu scramble:
450g firm tofu, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. in a wok, fry hokkien noodles and vermicelli separately and set aside.
2. heat wok and oil. stir fry ginger until fragrant.
3. add in water with all seasonings.
4. add in vermicelli and fry for a while, add in hokkien noodle and continue to fry.
5. in the meantime, cook the tofu scramble. to a skillet, add oil and when it’s hot, add the tofu and salt, turmeric powder, and ground black pepper. stir until well combined and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. to serve, add bean sprout with leafy greens and stir fry evenly.