High protein curry
So much power and taste in one pot!
Let’s add it up
Protein from chickpeas: 11 g
Protein from butter beans: 15 g
Protein from red lentils: 22 g
A whopping 48 g of protein in one dish!
According to the DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, or 0.36 grams per pound. This amounts to: 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man. 46 grams per day for the average sedentary woman.
No meat = no protein is seriously a outdated concept!
I am definitely a healthier version of myself since going vegan. Make sure you eat well balanced meals throughout the day that include lots of legumes, whole grains and nuts/seeds.
Recipe for high protein curry 👇
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1 thumb size ginger, chopped finely
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
250 g red lentils, uncooked
2 carrots, chopped
300 ml vegetable stock
300 ml coconut milk
1 can chopped and pealed tomatoes
Juice of one orange
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
Top with fresh parsley
1. Heat 2 tbsp of extra olive oil in a large saucepan. Add ginger, garlic, onion, curry powder and cumin. Mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add carrots and lentils and fry for 2 more minutes.
3. Deglaze with vegetable stock, coconut milk, canned tomatoes and juice of an orange.
4. Add lemon juice and maple syrup. Cook everything over low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Add cherry tomatoes, butter beans and chickpeas and simmer for 10 more minutes.
6. Season with salt, pepper and smoked chili flakes to taste.
Top with fresh parsley and serve with rice.
#veganfoodie #vegan #vegansofig #vegannutrition #veganfoodshare #veganized #veganbowl #plantbasednutrition #veganism #vegandinner #poweredbyplants #vegansnacks #plantbased #vegansalad #crueltyfreefood #veganrecipes #veganlife #veganshare #plantbasedpower #veganeating #vegandiet #veganbowls #veganmeal #plantbasedprotein #veganfoodshares #eatmoreplants #vegancommunity #whatveganseat #plantbasedrecipes #veganfood