Here’s a delicious cozy Savoury Vegan “Beef” Stew by @plant.well ?❤️
8 oz. Tempeh, chopped
1 Onion, diced
3 Carrots, chopped
2 Medium Potatoes, chopped
3 Sticks Celery, chopped
15 oz. Vegan Stout Beer
3 Cups Vegan Beef Broth
3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 Tsp Dried Thyme
1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1-2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
3/4 Tsp Salt
3/4 Tsp Pepper
1. In a deep pan over medium heat, add the tempeh and oil and cook for
3 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 additional minutes.
3. Add the carrots and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes until they just
start to soften.
4. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Add the beer if using, broth, tomato paste, potatoes, soy sauce,
thyme, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
6. Turn up the heat and bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to low
to simmer for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
potatoes are tender but not mushy.
7. Serve with crispy bread and more thyme!