Herb Roasted Sweet Potato & Lentil Salad
- Serves 2
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (cubed)
- 2 1/2 Cups Lentils (washed and rinsed)
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach (packed)
- 1/2 Cup up Red Onion (diced)
- 2 Cucumbers (diced large)
- 1 1/2 Cups ups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 cup Water (for baking)
- 1 tbsp Water
- Pre heat fan forced oven to 190’c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cubed sweet potato with 1 Tbsp of water, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion powder and smoked paprika.
- Add 3/4 of the water to the baking tray and transfer the sweet potatoes to the baking tray and place in the oven. Cooking time will take approximately 40 minutes. Or until cooked right through.
- Whilst the potatoes are in the oven in the same mixing bowl combine the baby spinach, onion, cucumber, lentils and juiced lemon. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes have 10 minutes remaining add the rest of the water to the baking tray and the whole cherry tomatoes. Once the sweet potato and the tomatoes are cooked combine them to the salad bowl and enjoy!