Hearty Veggie Chili! Bookmark this one for later ❤️
My family always makes chili for Christmas Eve, so I thought it was a good time to remind you of this recipe in case you wanted to do the same! Enjoy 🎄🥰✨
Servings: ~ 6-7
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small white onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
1 – 13 oz. package frozen vegan beef crumbles (I used Gardein brand), see notes!
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 – 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 – 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 cups vegetable broth
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
1) Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
2) Add onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
3) Add the peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the vegan beef crumbles and seasonings (paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper) and cook, stirring until the crumbles have thawed about 2-3 minutes.
5) Add all remaining ingredients and turn the heat to high. Bring the chili to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes or until the chili has reached your desired thickness.
6)Top with sour cream, cilantro, green onions, or avocado.
1) I have used both @gardein beef crumbles and @beyondmeat ground “beef”, both work great! It just depends on your preference/accessibility.
2) If you aren’t into veggie meats, you can use an additional 2 cans of beans (any kind you like).
3) Makes excellent leftovers!
#vegetarian #vegansofinstagram #vegetarianfood #veg #veganlife #veggiefood #veganfood #recipes #veganfoodshare #vegetarien #vegano #vegetariano #meatfree #instayum #foodblogger #recipeoftheday #bhgfood #foodgawker #homecooking #feedfeed #plantbased #whatveganseat #soupseason #souprecipe #chili #recipeshare