Hearty Italian Vegan Soup 🍲
Recipe by @vegan_punks
Serves 8 (keeps in the fridge for 5 days)
🌿 2 medium potatoes – cut into small chunks
🌿 2 leeks – washed and sliced
🌿 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped or minced
🌿 3 carrots – sliced
🌿 1 medium courgette – cut into small chunks
🌿 100g cabbage – sliced
🌿 2 tins (~800g) of cannellini beans
🌿 3 tomatoes – diced
🌿 125 ml tomato passata
🌿 2 tbsp tomato purée
🌿 2 litres vegetable stock
🌿 2 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
🌿 2 bay leaves
🌿 1 tbsp coconut oil (or veg oil – whatever you have)
🌿 130g pasta – small shaped like fusilli or small conchiglie
1. In a large soup pan (that has a lid), heat up the oil and fry off the leeks until they start to soften, then add the garlic and cook for a couple of mins.
2. Add in the courgettes, carrots & potatoes. Fry for another 5-7 minutes.
3. Pop the Italian herbs and bay leaf in, followed by the tomato puree.
4. Next add the tomatoes, stir, then pour in the vegetable stock and passata.
5. Now that everything should be smelling & looking rad, cover the pan with a lid & bring to the boil.
6. Add in the pasta and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes until both the pasta and potatoes are done.
7. Pop the cabbage and beans in 5 minutes before the end, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Remove the bay leaf and serve with grated vegan cheese and bread.
#vegansoup #italiansoup #minestrone #vegansoup #vegansouprecipe #veganitalianfood #vegansoups
#vegan #organic #glutenfree #plantbased #vegetarian #veganfood #vegansofig #crueltyfree #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #govegan #veganlife #veganism #veganrecipes #veganlifestyle #veganfoodporn #plantbaseddiet #vegangirl #veganvitamin #veganeats #organicfood #vegancommunity #vegan_veganfood