HEALTHY QUINOA BURGER
Burgers hit a spot. They are delicious and comforting and perfect for the weekends.
I make mine the very healthy way – no fried potato patty or mayo or cheese. But they are very tasty
and i wouldnt want it any other way.
Ingredients (makes 7-8)
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 2/3 cup cooked and grated sweet potato
1/2 cup grated beetroot
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup minced coriander and mint leaves
1 green onion chopped with stems
Semolina (rava to coat – optional)
1 T crushed garlic
1 T peri peri spice
1t cumin powder
1 t pink salt
1 t oregano
Salt as per taste
1. Combine all the ingredients except semolina and shape into burger patties.
You want it to come together but don’t over mash it.
2. Heat a grill or pan and coat with oil.
3. Coat the patty with semolina and place on grill / pan.
4. Slow cook on low – medium heat for 15 min on each side.
5. If you do not coat with semolina, cook for 7-8 min on medium flame on each side.
6. For the last two minutes, up the flame and cook for a min each so it crisps up.
1. Toast a burger bun.
2. Add the patty on the bottom bread and top with salad.
3. Spread a generous helping of hummus.
4. Dig in
#quinoaburger #sweetpotatoburger #quinonandsweetpotato #quinoapatty #sweetpotatopatty #veganburger #veganburgerrecipe #veganrecipes #burgerrecipes #vegburger #healthyburger #healthyrecipes #veganrecipes