Happy Weekend! Ready for a Savory Breakfast?
Toasted Sourdough with
– extra creamy homemade hummus
– A mini “spinach and cheese omelette” (I used @justegg and @parmelacreamery here) or cheesy tofu and spinach scramble
– Crispy roasted spiced chickpeas
– Cherry tomatoes
– A drizzle of balsamic glaze
– And just a little ‘Everything but the bagel’ seasoning
My tips for extra creamy hummus:
Use chickpeas you prepare from dry and ‘overcook’ them to make them extra soft.
Add a good amount of runny tahini (make sure to use a good quality one, I like the @soomfoods one), a couple tbsp of aquafaba (chickpea water) or cold water, juice 1 large lemon, a couple of roasted garlic cloves in olive oil, and a generous pinch of sea salt to a blender or food processor, and mix until smooth. Then add chickpeas and mix again until creamy.
I vary between using my food processor and blender but had the best creamy results in the blender.