Happy Thursday NC TEAM! ?⚪️?
Try this YUMMY ?Creamy Bow Tie Pasta Salad ??? ????
Lemony hummus instead of mayo for the dressing along with a squeeze of tabasco makes for the creamiest + easiest sauce. DELISH!✌??
Ingredients * 1 bag of gluten-free pasta of your choice. Used here is bow tie pasta, also known as “farfalle” but you can use any shape you like
* 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
* 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
* 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil for the pasta water
* 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil to roast the broccoli
* pinch of sea salt
* pinch of ground black pepper
* 1 cup of roasted, pre-steamed broccoli
* 2 cans of lemon tuna * red pepper flakes (optional)
* a sprinkle of sumac (optional)
Hummus Picante Dressing
* 8 tbsp of hummus for every 4 bowls of the pasta (2 tbsp per bowl)
* 1 tbsp of Tabasco or Hot Sauce
* A dash of chili olive oil (optional)
1. Follow cooking instructions on the pasta of your choice. I like to add sea salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the water I cook the pasta in. Gluten-Free pasta (especially if it’s corn or brown rice-based) can get pretty sticky, so the extra virgin olive oil keeps it from clumping together as it cooks.
2. While the pasta boils, let’s roast the broccoli with a dash of olive oil, sea salt and pepper! cut it into individual florets and place them in a baking tray, at 200 degrees C for 20-25 mins and toss them half way through. If you’d like, you can roast the tomatoes there, too.
3. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl or platter. Allow it to cool down. Add the hummus and picante dressing in first, and toss well to coat evenly. Then mix in the veggies and tuna. Toss again and refrigerate prior to serving. It’s always better to shake/toss than to stir with a spoon.
Open Late Night Until 7pm ?⚪️
Any questions or you want to know diet/nutrition tips or advice pop in and see @justin.ritchie_ in store today! ??? ENJOY! ?
#vegetarianfood #salad #pasta #recipes #healthyfood #tasty #foodideas #nutritioncapital #nc #centralcoastnsw